Do you want to start advertising your business or services, but unsure of what you need to put into your ad?
Here are some insider tips we use in the newspaper to put together ads for the advertisers.
Six components for designing award-winning ads
1. Clear Message – Do you understand what the ad is about in 1 second or less? It should target a specific audience. Make it clear who should do what, by when.
2. Attention Grabbing Headline – Does the headline tell readers what problem it solves for them? Does it draw you in and make you want to read the rest?
3. Incentive – Give the reader a reason to act. Show them what makes you different and why they should come to you.
4. Call to action – Use a verb that captures the soul of your product or service, create urgency, and give them a reason to respond immediately.
5. Clean Layout – 50% of the ad should be for the reader, what’s in it for them. Make it clear what the reader should read first, second and third. White space is your friend because it draws the eye to more important aspects of your message.
6. Impact – does the ad have a distinct voice? Will you remember it tomorrow? Does it make you feel an emotion or mentally experience the product?
Thanks for reading!
Founder of Boudica Marketing